This recipe is super easy, and super yummy! You can place any vegetable you want in the slow cooker along with the chicken and it's sure to come out fantastic. I use Better Than Bouillon for the stock, but feel free to use vegetable stock, or any other stock (as long as it's gluten free!).
- 1/8 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 8 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tblsp fresh rosemary leaves (chopped) or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1-3 pounds chicken (legs, thighs, etc)
- 1 cup chicken broth (make sure it's gluten free!)
- 3 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, etc.)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper until fully incorporated.
- Rub the butter/herb mixture all over the skin and in the cavities of the chicken parts.
- Place the chicken, chicken broth, lemon juice and vegetables in your slow cooker. Cover.
- Set heat to low and cook for 8 to 10 hours (or on High for 3 1/2 to 5 hours).
- Remove the chicken and potatoes with a slotted spoon and serve piping hot!