This healthy vegetarian dish is very easy to prepare and cook. It's quite tasty and can be eaten for any meal of the day. Although I made this a main meal, this is a great side dish as well. Feel free to add some diced hot pepper and experiment with the amounts of salt and pepper you add. Although the directions call on you to add the salt and pepper at the end of the process, you may want to season throughout. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tblsp coconut oil
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 2 red peppers (seeded & chopped)
- 1 lb cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Either combine 3 cups of water and the rice in a rice cooker and press the "on" button, or... wash the rice under cold water. Drain. Bring a large pan of water to a boil, add rice and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While your rice is cooking, heat the coconut oil in a wok (or deep pan/pot) until very hot (medium/high heat). Add the chopped onions and red pepper and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the halved cherry or grape tomatoes and continue to stir fry for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the beaten eggs in all at once and let cook on top for 30 seconds before you stir it all together.
- Drain the cooked rice (if not using a rice cooker) and add to the wok. Toss the rice over the heat with the vegetable/egg mixture for another 3 minutes.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and serve at once.